Afan Forest Valley, Bryn Bettws Lodge Mountain Biking Centre at Gyfylchi in the South Wales Valleys. We have become the first choice for Mountain Biking short breaks and Educational School and College Visits. This is not surprising when you consider our destination in the world renowned Mountain Biking haven and walkers paradise in the Afan Forest Park, with over 12 purpose built mountain biking routes and New for 2013 Afan Bike Park built by Back On Track for Cognation right next door to the Lodge! Our guests can ride from the door as we are a stone throw away from trails, if you are not a guest we have free parking so you can start your ride from here and when you return, you can relax in the cafe and bar and have full use of our shower block.
Welcoming and friendly owners and staff with a relaxed atmosphere to make your stay enjoyable!
That’s not all… In 2010 we introduced Wales’ first world class Mountain Biking Dirt Track, built to international competition standards by Olympic course designer Phil Saxena and his team from Architrail.
The location of Bryn Bettws is stunning, perched high on an eagles nest location on a pine tree clad mountain, we have a comfortable lodge for couples or groups and our cosy log cabins overlooking the stunning vista below to other south Wales valley trails and walks. We have camping available for those who wish to spend the night outdoors under the stars. New for 2013 is the camping pod, sleeping upto 3 people.
Coming as a group? Well then we cater for you at our affordable bunk house accommodation, breakfast is included in the price and home cooked evening meals are available.
Afan Valley Cycle hire is on site and offer a discount to people staying at Bryn Bettws.
If you would like to book, or have any questions please fill out the short form on the right or give us a call on 01639 644037 or 07572525999.
Reasons to visit Bryn Bettws:
- FREE parking
- Cafe – Serving food that after being on the trails you would have worked up a hunger for!
- Bike wash
- Fully Licensed Bar onsite – Great for a swift beer on hot summer days!
- European level 4X track
- Almost unlimited camping, bunkhouse and lodges onsite – all accommodation is mountain bike friendly
- No long ride to the trails
- Friendly staff
- Great events (past events include Schwalbe European 4X, British 4X and the 661 Gravity Enduro)
- Afan Bike Park – Completed December 2012 by Cognation.
- Camping Pod – New for 2012! Sleeps 3 with heating, lighting and electric and the best view to go to sleep and wake up to!